Sunday 14 December 2014

Meulensteen: Van Gaal will 'blow up' soon



The ex-Red Devils coach says he is surprised his former team are not playing better under their new manager, insisting there is currently no rhythm to their play
        Former Manchester United coach Rene Meulensteen has warned that Louis van Gaal will "blow up at some point". the Dutchman spent five years as first-team coach at Old Trafford but left in June 2013 following the retirement of Sir Alex Ferguson.
Meulensteen has since had managerial spells at Fulham and Anzhi, and says his coaching skills differ greatly to those of his countryman. "He will blow up at some point. That's part of his make-up. Remember these words," he told the Daily Telegraph. "If I'm speaking to you, I'm exchanging information over what I feel passionate about but I don't lecture you. I'm not preaching to you.  "If you go and sit with Van Gaal, you'll come out thinking 'I'm 12 years old'. He will speak to you as if you have no clue. He will look at you and be thinking 'what are you asking me? I'm Louis van Gaal'.
        "He's not my cup of tea. It's one of the reasons I quite like Ronald [Koeman] as a person - he doesn't preach or lecture people like the other guy does." A run of five straight wins has seen United move into third place in the Premier League table but Meulensteen has been disappointed by their displays." I find it a big surprise that Van Gaal has not managed yet to make the team play better," he added. " We are nearly at Christmas now and look at the performances. I still don't see a flow, a rhythm. "They win five on the spin but they were absolutely pummelled at Arsenal and should have lost against Southampton."

No comments:

Post a Comment